Who Am I?

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
There are a thousand complexities to who I am, what I love, and the life I live. What matters is this: I am a tiny person loved infinitely by a massive God. This is His story.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Untitled poem for rainy days...

I'm going to post some of my poems so that I can always find them anywhere I have Internet access. Some are darker-sounding than others, but I hope you can enjoy them... Samuel Johnson said, "The only end of writing is to enable the readers better to enjoy life, or better to endure it." A poem is meant to be a bright or thoughful spot on the canvas of life.

So here is one attempt of mine:

Untitled

And I wont use my umbrella
To shelter myself from the rain;
I'll turn it upside-down
To capture as much as I can
While I dance in the downpour
To rhythms all my own,
Vulnerable to Lady Weather's whims,
Feeling completely at home.

Come join me in celebration!
Rejoice with me, my friend;
Seize the chance to splash and spin
Before the shower ends.
See how the water gathers
As we join in laughter here;
With the beads of Heavens bounty,
Drops of cheer will appear.


Please respect the originality of this poem. I have all rights to it and have record of writing it. And besides, copycat poetry isn't really poetry...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jay! Beautimous, as usual, haha. I love it. So much depth. Such a beautiful thought too....ahhh. refreshing indeed.