Who Am I?

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
There are a thousand complexities to who I am, what I love, and the life I live. What matters is this: I am a tiny person loved infinitely by a massive God. This is His story.

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Another untitled

And also original...you know the deal.

I've heard tales of the melodies
Your long-forgotten voice would sing
To thrill the sharp beams of the sun
And please the bright stars one by one.
You voiced a song that shaped the world--
The waves rose up, the flowers unfurled--
And as you gave the music worth,
You touched the people of the earth.
As sweet words rose to the above,
You compelled them all to love.
You spoke of strength, you made them bold,
Refining dross to find pure gold.
And yet we have neglected to
Preserve what you had hoped we'd do--
We turn away to our own cares
And dross returns; we're unaware.
Oh, that one might your lyrics find,
To shape their soul and fill their mind,
To take up once again your song
That lies unsung so very long.
Oh, sing your song again to me
Past edges of eternity,
And if I can but catch the tune,
I shall sing it back to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! =) You have a way with words that is just amazing.

-kaitlyn.